Our Intelligence Analysts drive the transformation of big, messy data into actionable intelligence for our clients. They use a combination of proprietary data systems and data analysis tools to interpret results from sensitive data sets using a variety of techniques, ranging from simple data aggregation via statistical analysis to complex data mining techniques. Spanning fields as diverse as intelligence, oil and gas, and international finance, our Intelligence Analysts engage senior business leaders and worldwide industry leaders to identify outliers, risk indicators, and emergent trends. Intelligence Analysts are responsible for aspects of overall project management deliverables to include innovative solutions, value management, cost effectiveness, and functional efficiency.
• In a team environment, determine business requirements and translate those requirements into an amenable data-driven solution.
• Conduct ad-hoc and structured analysis of quantitative and qualitative data.
• Capture key insights from analysis in clear and concise written reports.
• Design and develop reports using Microsoft Excel, R, MS SQL Reporting Services (SSRS), and other analogous statistical analysis tools as necessary.
• Identify assumptions, limitations, constraints, and key metrics of success to business problems.
• Monitor trends in operational and client-data to recommended program, process, and operational improvements.
• Develop testing procedures and control groups to determine optimal product performance.
• Effectively communicate key findings and as needed, key performance indicators to clients and internal management.
• Undergraduate or higher degree desired. Preference for interdisciplinary fields of study, particularly national security or intelligence, international relations, economics, international business, or international finance.
• Meaningful internship work and/or relevant professional experience preferred.
• Impeccable analytical skills; good interpersonal skills.
• Proficiency in at least two of the following data analysis tools and programming languages:
• Microsoft Excel;
– Python, and
• Linguistic expertise in Chinese, Arabic, Russian, Farsi, or other languages preferred.
• Exposure to data mining/machine learning and computer science desired.
• Impeccable analytical skills, both quantitative and qualitative.
• Global, interdisciplinary perspective.
• Entrepreneurial spirit.